I learned everything I know about ancient Egypt from the wealth of books written on the subject. Thanks to the years of hard work of archaeologists and historians almost everything I wanted to know was in a book somewhere. These aren’t books for kids so they weren’t listed at the back of the Ramose books in a bibliography. I would like to acknowledge, here on my website, the books which gave me information and inspiration. Without these books I wouldn’t have been able to write the Ramose series.
- Casson, Lionel, The Pharaohs, Stonehenge, Chicago, c.1981.
- Clayton, Peter, Chronicle of the Pharaohs: The Reign-By-Reign Record of the Rulers and Dynasties of Ancient Egypt, Thames & Hudson, New York, 1994.
- Erman, Adolf, trns. A S Griffith, A Handbook of Egyptian Religion, Longwood Press, Boston, 1977.
- Erman, Adolf, trns. H M Tirard, Life in Ancient Egypt, Dover Publications, New York, 1971.
- Frankfort, Henri, Ancient Egyptian Religion: An Interpretation, Harper & Row, New York, 1961.
- Janssen and Janssen, Growing Up in Ancient Egypt, Rubicon Press, London, c.1990.
- Malek, Jaromir, In the Shadow of the Pyramids: Egypt During the Old Kingdom, Orbis, London, c.1986.
- Manley, Bill, Penguin Historical Atlas of Ancient Egypt, Penguin, London, 1996.
- Romano, James F, Daily Life of the Ancient Egyptians, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, c.1990.
- Romant, Bernard, Life in Egypt in Ancient Times, Minerva, ?Geneva, c.1978.
- Shaw, Ian & Nicholson, Paul, The British Museum Dictionary of Ancient Egypt, British Museum Press, London, 1997.
- Shultz, Regine & Seidel, Matthias (eds), Egypt: The World of the Pharaohs, Konemann, Koln, c.1998.
- White, Jon Manchip, Everyday Life in Ancient Egypt, Batsford, London, 1963.
Ramose: Prince in Exile bibliography
- David, A Rosalie, The Pyramid Builders of Ancient Egypt,
Routledge and K Paul, London and New York, 1986.
- James, T G H, Pharaoh’s People: Scenes from Life in Imperial
Egypt, Oxford University Press, Melbourne, 1984.
- Reeves, C N, The Complete Valley of the Kings: Tombs and Treasures
of Egypt’s Greatest Pharaohs, Thames & Hudson, New York, c.1996.
- Robins, Gay, Women in Ancient Egypt, British Museum Press,
- Romer, John, Ancient Lives: The Story of the Pharaohs’ Tombmakers, Weiderfeld & Nicolson, London, c.1984.
- Tyldesley, Joyce, Hatchepsut: The Female Pharaoh, Viking,
- Watterson, Barbara, Women in Ancient Egypt, Alan Sutton Publishing, Stroud, 1991.
Ramose and the Tomb Robbers bibliography
- Brunton, Guy, Lahun I: The Treasure, British School of Archaeology in Egypt, London, 1920.
- Frankfort, Henri, Kingship and The Gods, University of Chicago
- Lehner, Mark, The Complete Pyramids, Thames & Hudson, London,
- Lichtheim, Miriam, Ancient Egyptian Literature: A Book of Readings, University of California Press, Berkeley, 1973.
- Parkinson, R B, Voices from Ancient Egypt: An Anthology of Middle
Kingdom Writings, British Museum, London, c.1991.
- Petrie, Brunton & Murray, Lahun II: The Pyramid, British
School of Archaeology in Egypt, London, 1923.
Ramose: Sting of the Scorpion bibliography
- Asher, Michael, The Last of the Bedu: In Search of the Myth,
Viking, London, 1996
- Doughty, Charles M, Arabia Deserta, Bloomsbury, London, 1989
- Hobbs, Joseph J, Bedouin Life in the Egyptian Wilderness, University of Texas Press, Austin, 1989
Ramose: Wrath of Ra bibliography
- Adams, William Y, Nubia: Corridor to Egypt, Allen Lane, London,
- Breasted, James Henry, A History of Egypt from the Earliest Times
to the Persian Conquest, Charles Scribner’s Sons, New York, 1905.
- Clagett, Marshall, Ancient Egyptian Science: A Source Book,
Vol. 1, American Philosophical Society, Philadelphia, 1989
- Emery, W B, Egypt in Nubia, Hutchinson, London, 1965
- Taylor, John H, Egypt and Nubia, British Museum Press, London,
- Trigger, Bruce G, Nubia Under the Pharaohs, Thames & Hudson,
- Watterson, Barbara, The Gods of Ancient Egypt, Guild Publishing,
There are many, many websites about ancient Egypt. Here are just a few that I found useful: