Sugar Sugar bibliography
- Anonymous, c. 1971, The Stones: The Guvnors of Râ€™nB
- Brown, Douglas, 1971, Overland to India, Outerbridge & Dienstfrey, New York
- Davison, Ian, 1972, Overland to India and Beyond, BIT Information Service, London
- Fodor, E & Curtis, W (eds), 1973, Fodorâ€™s Islamic Asia: Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Hodder and Stoughton, London
- Guest, Lady Charlotte (trans.), 2000, The Mabinogion, HarperCollins, London
- Hesse, Herman, 1976 (1956), The Journey to the East, Panther Books, St Albans
- Jenkins, David, 1975, Asia Travellerâ€™s Guide, Acme Books, East Brunswick, Vic
- Konishi, Masatoshi, 1971, Afghanistan: Crossroads of the Ages, Kodansha International, Palo Alto, California
- Maclean, Rory, 2007, Magic Bus: On the Hippie Trail from Istanbul to India, Penguin, London
- Wheeler, Tony, 1973, Across Asia on the Cheap: A Complete Guide to Making the Overland Trip, Lonely Planet, Paddington, NSW
- Murray, Tony, 1992, Anyhow This Sleazy Type Sidles Up to Us, unpublished ms
- Rhinehart, Luke, 1972, The Dice Man, Grafton, London
Thanks to those who were generous with their time and knowledge: for information about London taxis, Steve Olsen and Brian Hickey of London Taxi Weddings (londontaxiweddings.com.au); for Citroen 2CVs, Michael and Annette Molesworth; for Mercedes Benz models, Randall Smith; for carnet and fuel issues, Tony Wheeler, Derek Amey and Colin Forsythe; and for Afghani carpets, Najaf Mazarin.
Special thanks to my friends who shared their travel stories with me: Tony Murray, Jill Wheeler, Drew Hopkins, Chris and Jan Martz, Tony and Wendy Faehse, Rhonda Holdsworth, Chris Langman, Cara Pilkington and David Wilding.